5 Easy Steps to Direct Mail Marketing
Ever wondered if your direct mail-email marketing is really part of 21st century marketing?
We all try to compare email marketing with direct mail marketing but here is the problem.
The fastest way to engage our customers may not be a one step approach where we blast an email to all our customers and consider the job done. We need to work at combining best direct mail marketing practices with the best email marketing practices.
Consider using both direct mail and email to excite and engage your customers.
- A creative, interesting mail piece design will encourage a second look.
- Accurate regularly updated direct mail and email lists are essential to a successful direct mail-email marketing campaign.
- Hand stamp. There are plenty of options from the USPS.
- Keep the approach personal. Hand write. If someone thinks they are part of a mass mailing effort they may think twice about reading your mail piece.
- Be colorful. A mail piece that is opened or read needs to stand out.
Backup With Email
- Keep your email contacts updated.
- Only email when you have something real to offer.
- Use email to back up your direct mail campaign. For example mail a coupon code for use on your website or to bring into your store. Email customer to remind them that the coupon code is expiring.
- Keep personal and use the customer’s name.
- Give your customer a reason to keep coming back to your website.