5 ways retailers can attract last minute holiday shoppers.
Recent Gallup polls show that the average US Household will spend about $740 on Christmas holiday gifts this year. That’s ~ a $35 increase from their November budget estimates, but it’s still down in comparison to the average household spend in 2012. (Gallup) This means even more competition among retailers !
So attention all Retailers! Here are 5 ways to attract last minute Christmas holiday shoppers :
1. Extend your hours – Open early and close late!
2. Entice shoppers with an offer or discount that’s hard to refuse.
3. Give away something for free! Even if it’s a something small.
4. Offer a money-back-guarantee.
5. Offer different payment options, including Lay-Away for large purchases.
Use direct mail to let your customers know what to expect from your holiday offering.
creating a responsive mail piece to get your message or product in front of your targeted audience.
Create a ‘call to action’ that won’t be ignored
Holiday Offers are a great way to reach out to current customers and potential new ones. People are expecting to see promotions around this time of year, and you want to make sure they know about all your great offers!