Deliverability is the percentage of mail pieces that you can expect to get delivered.
The higher your deliverability, the less returned mail pieces you will have returned to you.
Since people and businesses move location every day, you will always receive a small percentage of returned mail pieces when you do a mailing. One of the ways to help keep your deliverability as high as possible is to use your list within 30 days of purchase.
If you mail your mailing piece within 30 days of purchasing a list from LeadsPlease, and address your mail according to USPS standards, you can expect the following deliverability rates:
- Consumer : 95+%
- Business : 90+%
- New Homeowner: 95%
- New Mover : 95%
Please visit our Blog post to read more about the LeadsPlease Deliverability Guarantee.
Why won’t 100% of my mail get delivered? Why should I expect some returned mail pieces?
Although we perform extensive tests to ensure the highest quality data possible, there will always be a small number of undeliverable mail pieces/returned mail for various reasons that are out of our control:
- Millions of Consumers and Businesses move every month, and most of them do not provide the Post Office with a forwarding address. If they don’t provide a forwarding address to the USPS, their mail cannot not be forwarded and it will get returned to the sender.
- Postal inaccuracies.
- If a house is vacant, the postman is not allowed to deliver the mail and the mail will be returned to the sender.
Why does LeadsPlease have a higher deliverability rate than other mailing list companies?
We take our data quality extremely seriously and take great pride in being able to provide our valued customers with the highest quality data that’s available. Our deliverability rate is higher than a lot of other list providers, because we take extra measures to clean, and test the data more frequently than most other companies. Here are some of the steps that we take:
- We perform rigorous independent USPS tests to ensure that all our mailing addresses and contact names are correct and viable. (NCOA 48, CASS, DPV.)
- We are partners with one of the largest and most trusted data compiler in the USA. We rank each record with a ‘reliability code’, based on the amount of information/data available to them. The ‘reliability code’ for each record is ranked between 1 and 10, 1 being extremely reliable, 10 being the most unreliable. LeadsPlease only loads the most reliable records (1’s and 2’s) into the LeadsPlease system in order to provide our customers with the most accurate and reliable data.
- We test massive sample lists from various locations across the USA prior to loading each new release of data into the LeadsPlease site. We then analyze each of these mailing lists using our own postal hygiene software and run a complete analysis to make sure each list is highly deliverable. The data is only made available on LeadsPlease after each database has been tested thoroughly and we can guarantee a deliverability of 95%.