Recent Gallup polls show that the average US Household will spend about $740 on Christmas holiday gifts this year. That’s ~ a $35 increase from their November budget estimates, but it’s still down in comparison to the average household spend in 2012. (Gallup) This means even more competition among retailers !
So attention all Retailers! Here are 5 ways to attract last minute Christmas holiday shoppers :
1. Extend your hours – Open early and close late!
2. Entice shoppers with an offer or discount that’s hard to refuse.
3. Give away something for free! Even if it’s a something small.
4. Offer a money-back-guarantee.
5. Offer different payment options, including Lay-Away for large purchases.